Monday, June 29, 2009

Mary Kate and Pat


Saturday June 29th I was received as a guest at my friends wedding and reception at The Knoll Country Club in Parsippany New Jersey

A sweet time in the North Jersey summer environs. Mary Kate and Pat are friends of Malissia's that I have known for a few years now. Super cool couple that loves life, friends and family. Their wedding was amazing and I really enjoyed myself as a guest -the was ceremony officiated by two priests and music from guest singers!
I have to say I was really impressed with their photographer. They had 3 shooters and excellent coverage. We had the photos done earlier in the day presented to us at their reception. Photography was done by Al Romero.


This June '09 it's rained almost every day for the entire month. The grass and the tress look healthy because of it. I put my brand new digital point/shoot camera to the test. I bought a Canon (first) Powershot SD 880 Elph from B&H in June with some birthday $$. It's a compact digital camera with excellent color, wide field of view, and good resolution (10 mega-pix). It preformed well. I had a little small with lag time focusing and using the flash. I think the difference between using face detection focus vs. center-weighted focus was the reason. The face detection focus was dynamic catching people moving out of the frame. Center-weighted is self explanatory. Photographs I captured were fun. Hooray for this wonderful couple!



No comments: